Thursday, January 29, 2009

Finally made the big time

For a while now I have been toying with the idea of having a place at the funeral home where I could go and do some work while relaxing with a good cigar. I just have not been able to find a place that would not be used for anything else, or a place where wifey would never go. A few days ago I finally found it. The funeral home in Wakeman has a third floor attic space. The term attic is an understatement. It is more like a finished attic/extra bedroom. In fact, so the story goes, it was a bedroom for the original owners son. It has been empty for years and I cant believe I haven't thought of using it before. Lindsey, who is the current smoking employee, has helped me transform the room into a very nice, cozy room to hide in. Expect to see some pictures in the next day or so. I don't have enough light in here tonight to show you. I got a stereo/cd player we never use along with a computer. I need to run some speaker wire and cat 5 cable yet, but for now I am tethering with my phone. I am just absolutely tickled with my new space!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it great that we have these devices that allow us to have net access anywhere? :) Look forward to the pics of your new hideaway!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a MAN CAVE to me! Way to go.