Friday, October 12, 2007

My trip to Vegas


My favorite part of the trip came on my last day there. I went down the street from the Hilton and stopped by Havana Cigar Co. All I can say is WOW! Ended up having lunch there and getting a couple sticks. Got to meet the owners Johnny and Eileen Devito and get my picture with Johnny. They have a little deli there and a full selection of wines there as well as a selection of cigars. Everyone there is very nice. Service is top-notch. Definitely going there next trip.

Don't expect a full rundown on my trip. I was in classes or on the exhibit floor everyday. I did run into Chuck Woolery in the lobby of the Hilton and I saw John Daly playing baccarat at 6:30 am!
One thing I will mention is that I was awarded the Pursuit of Excellence Award by the National Funeral Directors Association. Got my picture with the NFDA President, I will post that later this week. This is our third year in a row to win the award. Only two percent of the nations funeral homes win the award. Cept they don't mention that many people don't even apply for it :P It is still an honor to be recognized.

No comments: