Sunday, September 2, 2007

So much for recovery

Got another call at 8:30 this morning. I am finally back in my easy chair. That makes four calls in one week. Unfortunately we are so far behind for the number of calls we budget for every year that I would have to do four calls every week for the rest of the year.

In any area of people, only a certain number of people will die every year. I forget what the percentage is. In my area there are around 80 deaths per year. We handle about 75 of those. The other five go to other funeral homes for various reasons, family decision, cost, out-of-town burial, or maybe they don't like me. You can't please everyone all the time so the saying goes. Anyways, in a small population area like mine it stands to reason that if you have a year where more than the statistical percentage of people die, then the following year or so that less than the statistical percentage will die. Phew! Long sentence to fathom there. In a nutshell, what goes down must go back up.

No comments: