Saturday, May 24, 2008

Land of the Free, because of the Brave

Well, I have all my monuments set and all my engravings done. We have a funeral today (eighth Saturday in a row) but I have someone covering it for me. I actually woke up this morning for the first time in two weeks without worrying or panicking about being able to get everything done. I'll be cruising around town today on the golf cart enjoying the Buschur Racing Car Show. Tomorrow for my birthday I will be out at the track for the racing portion of the show.

Monday is our town's Memorial Day service. It starts at 7 AM!! I complained to a few vets that maybe it is a bit early and I got the normal response "We have always did it that way" Well I talked to my Dad who is a Vietnam Vet and got malaria and a Purple Heart while he was there. He told me he wouldn't even get up for a 7 am service so he excused me.

So now that the Memorial Day rush is over I can get back to regular posting duties.

No comments: