Wednesday, January 23, 2008

TCB

Well this morning I had three families scheduled to come in to Berlin Heights today. One of them did not show (we got our wires crossed and they are coming tomorrow), but three would definitely be a record for me in one day. I was hoping to take a nap before my evening meeting but alas no time for that.

Being on Village Council means much more than just showing up for the once a month meeting. Every council member is assigned to committees by the mayor. There are 14 standing committees and I am a member of eight of them. Many of them do not meet on a regular basis (ie. Special Ordinance Committee). They only meet when there is an issue to discuss. One of them, Fire Board, meets monthly. It has four members, two village council members and two township trustees.

Well I need to get ready civic duty is calling.

No comments: