Wednesday, January 30, 2008

COLD COLD COLD

The only thing worse than a cold day is getting up and going on a transfer on one of the coldest nights of the year. BTW "transfer" is the term we use for picking up a deceased. Jaclynn got to make her first solo trip on the worst night so far this winter. Last year I went out one night when it was -10F. When its that cold fashion goes out the window. I drove the hearse to the nursing home wearing jeans, gloves, heavy flannel shirt, sweatshirt, carhart coat, and a skimask. (Imagine seeing that going down the road at night!) I knew the family very well and they all laughed at me when I walked into the room. They were dressed like me.

So I met her at the funeral home at 4am to do the embalming and have been on the move ever since. A lot of bigger firms wait until morning to embalm, but I don't have that luxury.

With as busy as we have been, that only means one thing. Things should slow down soon so I can catch up with some gadget posts.

No comments: