Sunday, November 25, 2007

Busy again

We have three calls going on right now. I am glad we hired two people this week. Got called out at 1:00 am and got home at 4:30. Got a few hours of sleep and then got the next call. Met both of those families this afternoon during the visitation for the first call we got last week. I am just now done with paperwork and embalming. I now have a visitation at each funeral home on Tuesday and two services on Wednesday. Services get scheduled on a first-to-die basis. So when I met with the second family and explain to them that I can have two funerals at the same time, but I can only be at one of them, they usually opt to wait a couple hours. So Wednesday we have a funeral at 11:00 and then at 1:00. Its hectic but actually easier than having two at the same location because we don't have to quickly set up for the second service. Neither home will get cleaned up til that night. In addition to all this, I have a council work session tomorrow night, lodge meeting Wednesday night, and our fourth annual Christmas concert Saturday that we haven't prepared for, AND wifey chewing me out for not getting the Christmas tree yet. OK yes this has been rant-like. I am quite happy to be this busy again, I'll be honest.

No comments: